I reported here on my recent upgrade of the system on my 770. Initially I wasn’t very happy, but things are getting better, and I have found out a few things in the process. In the beginning I experienced a lot of crashes, some in the form of spurious reboots, on at least one occasion when the tablet was lying unused on the table*.
These crashes have disappeared, and I haven’t done a thing. I have kept it on for a very long time in the last few days, and it’s been quite a while without reboots. I’m keeping it under observation, though.
Another thing was that the backup/restore system doesn’t included some rather important files from the browser. My cookies didn’t survive, forcing me to repeat a lot of site logins. Fortunately, I could recover the file from an extra copy of /home/user I had made before the upgrade. The cookies are in ~/.opera/cookies4.dat.
It might be worth having a look at Andrew Flegg’s “Synchronisation and backup using rsync & make” for at better solution that the tablets backup/restore program.